In our attempt to keep positive, we are always encouraged to look at the cup half-full instead of half-empty. Lately, I experienced a situation which made me realize that by looking at the cup half-full all the time ( I am too much of an optimistic sometimes), I was actually missing out on some important pieces of information which life was presenting to me. As soon as I started to think about the emptiness in what I was investing so much energy in, I felt empowered to make some decisions and take some more affirmative steps to help me create balance.
Here are some things to think about which may help to see how a half-empty cup may be a hint for us to take some action.
- Are you in job that feels so empty but you keep on thinking that the cup is half-full because you earn a salary, you do make a difference and you do a job? How else can you use your talent, skills, experience and expertise?
- Are you in a relationship which makes you feel stuck where you feel you give up so much but don’t get anything back in return?
- Do the people in your life make you feel happy, inspired, uplifted or beautiful? Or do they make you feel drained?
- Are you making financial choices which leaves you feeling disempowered about how you spend your money?
- Do you feel that you are moving forward in things that are important to you? Or do you feel that you keep on turning around with the same old issues time and time again?
- Are you living more from fear or from a place of love and trust?
TuneIn today to what makes your cup feel half-empty. StepUp to asking yourself, “Is it worth the investment? Will investing more and more in this half-empty cup, ever make it full? Or even half-full? Think about the pearls of wisdom which life is presenting to you to make better choices!