How often do we push away our #happiness because we are waiting for something to happen, for someone to show up or for life to meet our expectations? When we let go of all these expectations and focus on the gift of the present, magic happens. Don’t delay the feeling of happiness. Today…this moment is the perfect moment to be happy. It is a #decision.
I placed this sign in my garden and it is interesting how many people have commented to me to say that while walking past the garden, it gave them something to think about. We are sometimes so preoccupied with the day to day ups and downs, that sometimes, we lose sight of the moment. As I go through my day, I am constantly trying to shift my thoughts to living in the present moment. Gratitude for the present day gifts are always a great place to start. Here are a few things I am grateful for, just in the last hour:
- I am grateful to be alive.
- I am grateful for the sun and the warm summer days.
- I am grateful for having a healthy lunch.
- I am grateful to be enjoying time with my partner with week.
- I am grateful that my haircut makes me feel cool.
- I am grateful for completing a project review for one of my course assignments.
- I am grateful that I have amazing people in my life.
- I am grateful to be breathing. My breath is the force of life. My breath is the connection between life and death.
- I am eternally grateful to the beautiful earth, the sky, the oceans and rivers and the space to create and unleash my talents.
What are you grateful for? Happiness is only a shift in thinking.