Are you manifesting what you truly desire in your life?
"""Wait, I have something for you."" My neighbour told me as we chatted between our two houses, on a snow covered lawn.¬† Wilson and I had arrived home just at the same time that she and her son Damon, drove in. Since being back home from Rwanda, we had barely seen them.¬† She quickly slipped into her house and came back with a poinsettia plant, in full bloom.¬† ""I got this for you to support Damon's club's fundraising drive."" she said.¬† Damon is her 7 year old son whom we are very fond of. I walked inside with the poinsettia bloom and the only words which popped into my head were, 'How beautiful it is to manifest from thought!"" A couple of days earlier, I was at the Home Depot and wanted to buy a poinsettia plant.¬† I talked myself out of it because at that moment, I could not quite figure out exactly where I would place it in the house.¬† The plants seem to be a bit too big for my space. ¬† I decided that I would try to find a smaller plant. Damon's mom, gave me exactly the size of the plant which was a perfect match to my space. ¬† It could easily fit on the table or on a little stand which I have in my living room. There is something magical and reassuring about manifesting things or experiences which I really want. It makes me feel that the universe always has my back, even in the smallest ways.¬† How can a poinsettia show up for me, when all I did was decide that I needed a smaller plant, instead of a big one.¬† I said 'No' to the big plant quite freely. Well... I just said it, this is one part of the magic of manifestation - DECIDE.¬† What is it that you want?¬† To say YES to something, means that you have to say NO to something else.¬† To say NO to something which is not in alignment with you, creates SPACE to say YES to that which you really desire. I have noticed some trends in my life that when I am not sure about what I want or what to do, I seem to manifest exactly that - confusion, indecision, contradiction! Being undecided is also being decisive. The¬† universe gives me exactly what I am thinking and feeling. What I have learnt, is to be mindful of the messages, emotions and attitudes which I hold moment by moment. In each moment, we have the poser to choose. We can all begin with clear thinking, a deep heartfelt desire and take both small and big actions to manifest our desires. Here are a few questions for you to think about:
- How do you experience life?¬† As a negative or positive experience?
- What shows up in your life?¬† Happiness?¬† Contentment?¬† Joylessness?¬† Confusion? Stress?¬† Lack of support? Lots of support? Helpful people?¬† Unhelpful people?
- What do you give back to life?¬† Support?¬† Love? Joy?¬† Happiness? Joyfulness?
- What do you sincerely want to manifest?¬† A job?¬† A better job? A home?¬† A better home?¬† A caring family?¬† More money?¬† More time?¬† More self-care?¬† A larger table?¬† An education? Travelling experiences?
- Try to develop a vision of what that thing you want.¬† What does it look like?¬† How does it feel? Can you write it? Draw it?¬† Get a photo of it?