Don't be afraid to invest in yourself.
"Last week I posted on my new program, ‚ÄòCoaching through Transitions', which I implement mainly on the evenings or weekends. It has been such a pleasure working with two young women who are already making progress after a couple of weeks.¬†Last night, when I walked in, the Director of the organization said: ""I don't know what you are doing with these two ladies but everyone on the staff wants to be part of the training. Tell me what I need to do to get training for everyone!‚Äù This made me feel so happy - to know that I am making a difference in the lives of other women and helping them to develop new skills, gain new knowledge and insights, and to have the confidence to say: ‚ÄúNow I know what to do when I am facing this type of situation!‚Äù At the class, they bubbly shared how they are already putting their new tools and knowledge into practice.¬† The excitement in their voices is enough reward. How do you get from one point to the next? How do you get a job promotion? How do you position yourself strategically for an opportunity? How do you maintain a positive attitude when things are falling apart?¬† How do you build confidence?¬† How do you develop a powerful network of people who can support you?¬† How do you work with others to create a happy environment?¬† How do you handle social media? It is amazing what a few hours with some blank paper, an open mind and a guided discussion can do for your soul. Some of us are lucky and have been blessed with almost perfect lives and great opportunities. ¬†However, the majority of people who I meet are struggling with one issue or another. Over the last two decades, my work with adults have proved several small but important things:
- Sometimes, we simply do not know what to do to take the next step.
- Sometimes, we don‚Äôt know what we don‚Äôt know.
- Sometimes, we don‚Äôt realize that our attitude about life is keeping us back.
- Sometimes, we don't realize that we are simply in the wrong job.
- Sometimes, we don‚Äôt realize that we are holding on to some pain which has drowned our joy and happiness for life.
- Sometimes, we are afraid of our success.
- Sometimes, we are afraid to fail and would prefer to remain motionless.
- Sometimes, we don‚Äôt know how to ask for what we want.
- Sometimes, we don't realize that we need to breakthrough some very small habits in order to create major breakthroughs.
- Sometime, we don‚Äôt know someone who can help us.
- Sometimes, we believe that there is nothing more or nothing better than where we are stuck.
- Sometimes, we have to work at developing skills, knowledge and even learn new attitudes to help us break through our transitions.
- ¬†Sometimes, we have to learn courage by taking small risks to step out of our comfort zone.
- Sometimes, we need to feel inspired by a vision which is more powerful than our fears.
- Sometimes, we need someone to work with us and help us to navigate through the processes which we are afraid to tackle on our own.