Don't be afraid to look at the half-empty cup...there may be important pearls of wisdom...
" In our attempt to keep positive, we are always encouraged to look at the¬†cup half-full instead of half-empty.¬†Lately, I experienced a situation¬†which made me realize that by looking at the cup half-full all the time ( I am too much¬†of an optimistic sometimes), ¬†I was actually missing out on some important pieces of information¬†which life was presenting to me.¬† As soon as I started to think about the emptiness in what I was investing so much energy in, I felt empowered to make some decisions and take some more affirmative steps to help me create balance. Here are some things to think about which may help to see how a half-empty cup may be a hint for us to take some action.
- Are you in¬† job that feels so empty but you keep on thinking that the cup is half-full because you earn a salary, you do make a difference¬†and you do a job?¬† How else can you use your talent, skills, experience and expertise?
- Are you in¬†a relationship which makes you feel stuck where you feel you give up so much but don't get anything back in return?
- Do the people in your life make you feel happy, inspired, uplifted or¬†beautiful?¬† Or do they make you feel drained?
- Are you making financial choices which leaves you feeling disempowered about how you spend your money?
- Do you feel that you are moving forward in things that are important to you?¬† Or do you feel that you keep on turning around with the same old issues time and time again?
- Are you living more from fear or from a place of love and trust?