¬†Have you ever caught that elusive thing called happiness that smartly¬†lures you with promises to reach this blissful state if¬† you could:
-¬† get these new shoes, purse, clothes, bag, jewellery....
-¬† earn a bit more money
-¬† get rid of that person who bothers you at work all the time
-¬† just get that book written, that project completed
- you could take a break from life and go on¬†a fabulous ¬†holiday
- get rid of that beat up guy or woman in your life
- get the kids to do the dishes and sort out their laundry
- complete this degree, course, certification you have put off for so long
- forget this terrible childhood you had
- have a fixed retirement income and security
- win the lottery ticket
- find your happily after romance
- simply get some more sleep each night
- get rid of those extra pounds
- never see ""those people who cause you anguish and stress all the time......
Someone recently told me, ""the same thing that made me so happy, also brought me great grief.""
I don't know about you but¬†lately I have questioned that elusive word called¬†happiness and I have stopped holding¬† my breath for¬†that 'thing' to happen in the future to make me happy. All these things are external from our inner spirit. What if we simply¬†decide¬†to be happy¬†and embrace all the other emotions we feel? ¬†Do we need to stop looking¬†for that magical, mythical 'forever after'¬†state of happiness?
Let us be compassionate with¬†ourselves and embrace all life experiences as gifts¬†towards¬†our learning.
Be with yourself¬† NOW. Dream but don't let your dreams deny your happiness NOW.
Take a deep breath...................... and let that feeling of peace and content..... for simply the breath of life..... fill each cell of your body.