If you knew these things about someone, would you react differently?
" We react to people all day long, whether we realize it or not.¬† Sometimes, we are too busy to even notice¬†- ¬†but even not noticing them is a reaction.¬†Over the last couple of weeks I had conversations with a number of people and found myself changing the way that I saw them because of small insights I got to know about them.
- Would you react differently to your colleague if you knew she was battling with cancer?
- Would you react differently if you knew your neighbour had just lost her husband?
- Would you react differently if you knew that your friend who always seemed a bit pre-occupied and 'far' away still misses her 5 year old baby who died in a car crash?
- Would you react differently if you knew that the man you were dating had his heart broken so badly before that he does not know how to trust again?
- Would you react differently if you knew that the kid who looks so confident and happy was raped at 10 years old and has created a new camouflage for herself so that no one knows her story?
- Would you react differently if you knew that this well dressed professional woman you see every day, is about to be evicted from her house because she can't recover from bad debt?
- Would you react differently to the man you never really liked but just found out that the inherited a million dollars?