TuneIn and StepUp Workshop - New York City, Saturday November 16th, 2013
You are invited¬†to a TuneIn¬†and StepUp Workshop
Date:¬† Saturday November 16th, 2013
Venue: 438 East 49th street, Brooklyn NY 11203, Top Floor
Time:¬† 10a.m‚Äì 1:00p.m
What is a TuneIn¬†and StepUp Workshop?¬†This is a unique workshop to support people¬†to¬†develop their soul¬†mission and to¬†use tools, techniques and strategies to TuneIN¬†to what they desire¬†to do and to have the courage to¬†StepUp to fulfill that mission.¬† We all have unique gifts but sometimes we need some support in helping us to use our gifts to serve life in a positive way. What will we be doing?
- ¬†Meet with an inspiring young woman in Brooklyn, Carla Romain, ¬†who has fed hundreds of homeless people in Brooklyn over the last eight years.¬† I will be documenting part of her journey on Sunday as she feeds the homeless.
- Learn from her life mission as an inspiration to help us develop our soul mission and create better lives for ourselves and others around us
- Use some of my own experiences over the last year with my TuneIn and Step Up Journey to engage in some stimulating discussions
- Discuss some TuneIn¬†and StepUp Challenges for 2014
A little about me:I am originally from St. Lucia and have been living¬†in Canada for the past 10 years. My educational background is in education and management and I¬†have over 20 years of experience as a¬†¬†facilitator. In St. Lucia, I worked as a primary school teacher, specialist teacher for blind/visually impaired children and a school principal for the St. Lucia Blind Welfare Association. In Canada, I¬†work as the Director of Employer Engagement for a Non-for-Profit organization in Ottawa.¬† Our mission is to integrate newcomers into the Canadian Labour Market.¬† Through this work, I meet hundreds of people each year who are going through a deep transformative process as they create a new life for themselves in a new country.¬† They show the courage it takes to start a new life.¬† In the earlier part of my career in Canada, I worked as a facilitator, employment counsellor and project manager.¬† I also do consulting work in curriculum development, facilitation and organizational planning. Apart from my professional work, I am quite engaged in community activities and support organizations and people to move forward in their lives.¬† I use my skills in facilitation, coaching, writing, blogging, research, curriculum development and storytelling to get my message across. My Soul Mission: Based on my work and my passion in life, I went through a process last year to develop a Soul Mission Statement for myself so that I can live¬†my life every day from a deep and fulfilling place. This has made a huge difference in simplifying my life and working at things which really matter. My¬†soul mission in this lifetime is to¬†learn and share knowledge which will inspire and motivate others to expand their souls and be inspired to live their own life mission. I live my soul mission by: a) facilitating, training and coaching; b) writing and c) sharing resources and tools with and from others. What have I achieved from living my soul mission?
- greater joy and fulfilment
- ability to recognize opportunities which are in alignment to my soul mission
- a global network of like-minded people
- fulfilling my passion for writing
- feeling accomplished ‚Äì that if I died any day now, I feel that I have given my best shot at my life mission now
- better management of my time and resources
- less stress
- excitement for life
- management of my weight and health
- greater awareness of how thoughts, words and actions really create the life I live
- confirmation that our only purpose here on this planet is to figure out what we are here for!