Kindness is the most beautiful gift which you can give to another and it makes you a magnet for wonderful opportunities and lasting friendships. Overall, your life can significantly improve by simply being kind! Kind thoughts, words and deeds have an invisible force in the universe which has no logical explanation! Those who experience and live kindness, are happier and more fulfilled human beings because they understand their connection to this universal energy.
Why is kindness so important now?
If you think about your experiences over the last week, I am sure that you will recall some incident of unkindness in your family, at work, online, in the community or in the bigger world where you don’t live! The universe is suffering from a deficit of kindness right now. The solution is that each one of us must take responsibility to deposit acts of kindness in the world for a better tomorrow.
“Constant kindness can accomplish much. As the sun makes ice melt, kindness causes misunderstanding, mistrust, and hostility to evaporate.” -Albert Schweitzer
Kindness attracts kindness. It costs zero dollars but can earn huge profits!
Here are ten small things which you can do to show kindness:
- Be kind to yourself first. Show appreciation for yourself by taking care of your beautiful body. Our bodies love it when we show it love. Movement, fresh air, clothes to fit our personalities, a nice hair cut, an extra touch to remind yourself how beautiful you are. Look in the mirror every day and thank your body for showing up with you every day. Affirmation: “I am kind to myself.”
- Be kind with your thoughts. Watch your thoughts and you will notice patterns. Our thoughts can be our biggest enemy. Are you thinking good thoughts of yourself and others? Do you get frustrated easily? Do you think other people are annoying? Are you having an ongoing mental chatter that leaves you feeling anxious and aggravated? Affirmation: “I think kind thoughts of myself and others.”
- Be kind in your judgements of others. Let judgements go as much as possible. We are all work in progress and we are on our unique journey. Sometimes we may not understand why people do what they do… but hey… you don’t need to be unkind towards them. Affirmation: “I release any harsh feelings which I have towards others.”
- Be kind to those who don’t celebrate or enjoy the holiday season. Not everyone feels happy during the holiday season. For some people, it is a very difficult time – they may be grieving from loss, they may not have the financial means to have an enjoyable holiday season, they may be missing loved ones… it is important to get to know the people in your circle and understand their particular context so that you can respond to their needs. Affirmation: “I understand and appreciate you.”
- Be kind when connecting to others. Make time to connect and reconnect with those who are close to you. This can happen in the form of a telephone call, a letter, a social media message, a visit… but let them know that you are thinking of them. Bring up pleasant memories. Give them a compliment. Say something nice to them. Affirmation: “My family and friends are important. I feel happy connecting to them and I establish good vibrations.”
- Be kind to those in your family. Is anyone feeling stressed? Unhappy? Do they need a small act of kindness to bring joy in their lives? It can be as simple as asking, “What can I help you with today?” or as reassuring as, “Why don’t we go to the movies this evening?” Everyone needs a little kindness. Affirmation: “I am kind to each member of my family.”
- Be kind to strangers. cup of coffee? A smile? A conversation? A new social media connection? “Affirmation: I am kind to strangers.”
- Be kind to your friends who are entrepreneurs. Many small businesses need the support of family and friends to keep their doors open. You can buy their products, share their products on social media, let your network know about what they are doing. Affirmation: “I support local businesses.”
- Be kind by giving away something everyday. You may have stuff that no longer serve a purpose in your life but it can mean the world to someone else. It can be a book, flowers, money… you will be surprised at how amazing you will feel… and how much more will come back into your life. Affirmation: “I feel wonderful sharing my time and wealth with others.”
- Be kind by genuinely listening to others. Genuinely ask others how they are doing and listen to what they have to say without completing their sentences or making them feel that they need to hurry up their stories. Chose a time to talk, when you don’t feel rushed – this will help you to feel more at ease. Affirmation: “I genuinely listen to others.”
How are you showing kindness?
Would love to hear your thoughts.